Snack Time

I can't really say that this is another of my 467 Pinterst recipse that I have never used because it comes from the Pioneer Woman. While I have not made this recipe before, I do use a lot of her recipes. Every recipe of hers that I have used has been great. Easy to follow and with wonderful results. After years of searching, I found my fall of the bone rib recipe on her blog. And her nachos that I made one icy, cold night in January made a lost football game seem not as bad.
Granola bars, with added chocolate.

As school quickly approaches I am on the hunt for lunch box fillers and am determined not to go all pre-packaged up in here. I feel good. I feel confident. Ask me in a month how things are going.

The Granola Bars were simple to make and did not take too long. I forgot to pick up Rice Crispies and didn't miss them. I used walnuts instead of pecans for no reason except they were there. Bob and I liked the bars without the chocolate, but the kids complained that they were too crunchy. After the addition of the chocolate, the kids forgot about the crunchiness. I used a mixture of dark chocolate morsels, my new fave, and a few squares of unsweetened Baker's chocolate. Cause that's what was in the cabinet.

Comments

Popular Posts