Strawberry Cake

A friend of mine gave me this recipe for strawberry cake about three or four years ago and I have been waiting for a reason to make it. My daughter's 8th birthday was last week and I thought what a perfect reason to make a super sweet pink creation than for my super sweet girl's day.

Notice the birthday candles are the centerpiece candles. 

Yum.


Silver forks and linen napkins. So convenient that my grandmother's initials are the same as my married initials. 


Strawberry Cake

1 package white cake mix
3 oz box of strawberry jello
12(ish) oz package of frozen strawberries, thawed and pureed, Set aside 1/4 cup of the puree for the icing
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/4  cup water

Preheat oven to 350 and grease, very well, two round nine-inch cake pans. Combine ingredients in electric mixer and beat until smooth, about 4 minutes. Pour evenly into pans and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Frosting

1/4 cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup strawberry puree
1/2 tsp strawberry extract
32 oz powdered sugar

Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy, then add the remainder of the ingredients. Beat, in mixer, until smooth and spreadable.

Spread on cake after cake has cooled.

Comments

Popular Posts