Chicken and Chocolate

It seems most of the recipes that I pin on Pinterest involve chicken and chocolate, though not in the same recipe. I cooked two recipes this week that fall into those categories.

#1 Lemon Thyme Chicken:
Fresh thyme from the patio.

I really liked this recipe and it was really easy to make. Really. The recipe is from Real Simple and they call it Seared Chicken Paillard with Lemon Slices and Thyme. I chose it to make the other night because I had chicken, lemons and thyme (and chicken stock). It's nice when you find a recipe and don't have to go to the store!

Chicken after the pounding. I felt much better.








Paillard is a fancy word for whack the chicken breasts to make them thinner. It is a great stress reliever! Either I am not too handy with a meat mallet, or, estimating-measurements-challenged, but it took longer to sear them, about 12 minutes, than the recipe notes (about 4 minutes).  The recipe turned out great with no complaints from the small people. Not even about the "green things".                                                                        

#2 Mud Hen Bars:

Strange name, I know. I pinned this from another blogger, Cookies and Cupcakes, and she said it is an old Southern recipe. I have never heard of Mud Hen bars, but am pretty sure I have inhaled these little treasures before under a different name. Ingredients- butter, Crisco, sugar, eggs, chocolate chips, marshmallows then topped with a brown sugar meringue. There are two steps with the mixer, but total prep time is about 20 minutes. Maybe shorter for you as I had a small size helper.
You can't really see the chocolate in the center, but trust me it is there!

Comments

Popular Posts