Sweet and Tangy Chicken

I found this honey balsamic chicken recipe on Pinterest and have actually made it twice! It is easy and good, even the kids like it. The recipe is simple, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, olive oil. All ingredients that I happen to keep on hand so I have a feeling I will be cooking this dish more and more.
Final toss in the sauce. FYI- photography of real food is never as appetizing as the staged variety. 

I did learn a thing or two from my first attempt to my second. The first time I bought raw pre-sliced chicken tenders, the recipe tells you to slice raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I did that the second time. The recipe works much better when you slice the chicken breasts. Pre-sliced tenders (or tenderloins) are thicker and take longer to cook. It also gives you more chances to burn the pan juices. According to my eight-year-old's gagging noises, burned balsamic vinegar does not leave your kitchen smelling heavenly. It takes about five minutes or so to cook each batch of chicken, I put five or six slices per batch in the pan. I use Oakview Farms honey, and what ever balsamic is on sale (eek!).

Balsamic vinegar is a really good marinade for chicken. Often, when I am simply baking chicken breasts, I will drizzle a little bit of balsamic over the meat and rub it in before I put it in the oven.

Comments

Popular Posts